The Communities First programme in Wales has recently gone through a significant change.
Three of the major changes to the Communities First programme are…
A clear focus on supporting three key outcomes:
o Prosperous Communities
o Learning Communities
o Healthier Communities.
A move to larger Cluster areas. There are four in Cardiff:
- BRG – Butetown, Riverside and Grangetown
- STAR – Splott, Tremorfa, Adamsdown and Plasnewydd
- ACE – Ely and Caerau, with Fairwater
- East Cardiff, Llanedeyrn and Pentwyn – Rumney, Llanrumney, Llanedeyrn, Pentwyn, St Mellons and Trowbridge
The Outcomes are measurable using Results Based Accountability (RBA) – we need to demonstrate the difference we have made to the community by showing how much we’ve done, how well we’ve done it and who’s better off as a result.
For more information about Communities First, visit www.wales.gov.uk/communitiesfirst
- Here’s a link to the Cardiff Communities First Annual Review 2015-16 – English version.
- Here’s a link to the Cardiff Communities First Annual Review 2015-16 – Welsh version.